Most universities these days use online application forms.
On the form, it is clearly indicated all the requirements (tests, GPA grades, documents) as well as deadlines. Some programs (for example art, music) may have specific-requirements (CD, pictures, etc.)
For each online application you will need to create an account username and password.
Questions you are likely to be asked:
- Program and term you are applying for
- Citizenship and visa status (if applicable)
- Have you previously applied to the Graduate School?
- Has any family member enrolled at NYU
- Your name (including any alternate name)
- U.S. Social Security Number (if applicable)
- Address, phone number, and e-mail addresses
- Date of birth, gender, and ethnicity/race
- US military status
- Previous colleges/universities attended
- Names of those who will be writing your letters of recommendation
- Academic honors or awards
- Research experience
- Non-English language ability
- Other schools applied to
- Names of individuals responsible for your choosing NYU
- GRE and TOEFL (if applicable) test dates, registration numbers, and scores
Materials you will be asked to provide:
- Application fee. The application fee for all programs (except the M.S. and M.S.-M.B.A. programs in Mathematics in Finance) is $100. The application fee for the M.S. and M.S.-M.B.A. programs in Mathematics in Finance is $120.
- Academic transcripts, with English translations if applicable [You are asked to scan your transcripts and upload them into your online application rather than to send paper copies.]
- Statement of purpose [Describes past and present work as it relates to your intended field of study, educational objectives, career plans, and reasons for choosing your field. The statement should be concisely written and not exceed one to two double-spaced pages.]
- Résumé or curriculum vitae
- Writing samples Required by many, but not all, programs.]
- Letters of recommendation [Required to be submitted as part of your online application and
- not sent by mail, except for Postdoctoral Psychotherapy and Psychoanalysis.]
- Official test score reports from ETS
- Admitted applicants only: Final and official copies of academic transcripts, with English translations if applicable. [The Graduate School will contact you if these are required.]